Musical Week in Czech/English
August 10–14 , 17–21, 24–28, 2020
LOCATION: KC Prádelna
(Holečkova 38a, Praha Smíchov)
Prádelna is coming alive again with laughter and creativity!
Don't miss musical, premiering this season...
- Musical encompass a wide variety of arts: playing music, singing, dance, and acting – as well as building the set and making costumes!
- We will offer children the opportunity to try new arts, show their talents and start developing skills they can pursue during the school year.
- The camp is run both in Czech and English, so that children from Prague and abroad can integrate into the local community and meet new friends.
MUSIC opens new horizons and teaches children to use their senses. They can try playing piano, guitar, cimbalom, flute, harp and Orff’s instruments. They can enjoy songs, brainstorm melodies or have fun with musical games. We give them the freedom to create their own musical groups (duo, trio, bands) …now and then a musical star is born or a choir is formed. We motivate children to challenge themselves with a known instrument, and encourage those, who are just starting.
DANCE is moving with purpose to a rhythm. Children will be guided to find their own style and create their own choreography through easy technique practice and games.
DRAMA means interpreting a story on stage. Children will use their natural tendency to “put on a show” and role-play with improvisation, and practice remembering and reciting lines. They will also learn basic skills to create costumes and set pieces, creative arts that many enjoy immensely.
The week’s program also involves a truly special adventure – an excursion to a real theatre in Prague! Children will be able to see the backstage of a professional production!
We will spend much of our time outdoors. Our location is in a large garden, and Sacre Coeur parc is right next door.
The “Grande Finale” of the week will be an original musical performance! You will be amazed what your children can put together in just one week!
RECOMMENDED AGE: 6–12
CAPACITY: 10–15 children
no musical experience required!
comfortable clothing that allows free movement
refillable water bottle
musical instrument of choice (optional)
4 900 CZK
5 % discount for multiple registrations
Camps are on a full day schedule
Arrival between 8:30–9:30
Departure between 16:30–17:30
PRICE always includes:
- a full day creative program conducted by a team of two qualified instructors
- all day catering (two course lunches, 2 × snack time, beverages)
- 1 – 2 organised trips or a visiting artist
- all instruments, tools and material